The day started out a little rocky as I really needed a cup of coffee this morning and discovered to my dismay we were out of creamer. To add insult to injury in the midst of cleaning up the Thanksgiving aftermath I had to deal with two very tired, uncooperative, staying up too late the night before, cranky children and puppies fighting over a treasured bone. Mind you, there are 3 exact bones for each puppy child but there seems to be favoritism toward one bone? Maybe it has more teeth marks or oooey gooey? Who knows?! Needless to say I became a woman on the EDGE. It was not pretty I assure you. So, when the going got too tough, the tough went to Starbucks! My local Starbucks is inside our grocery store so I was able to pick up a few things I needed as well as coffee creamer in preparation for the next meltdown. My grocery store had a new creamer flavor called Vanilla Spiced Rum for the holiday and it is delectable. It's amazing how the little things can salvage a little bit of your sanity and allow you to keep going without missing a beat. I managed to get 2 Christmas trees up; one with lights and one without and organized my outside decorations. Hopefully if the weather cooperates tomorrow and cools off enough to put me in the Christmas mood I will tackle the exterior lights.Alas, after refereeing 3 human child and 4 puppy child fights; the children (and puppies) are nestled in their beds sound asleep. I am finally able to gather my thoughts in the serenity of quiet, glance over at the sparkling Christmas tree (without ornaments), surf the internet with reckless abandon and turn on the TV to watch any show I want that doesn't involve action, violence or Spongebob! Life is good :)
Peace,
Ann
1 comment:
You are so right one small thing that turns a day around! You have to let us know how it taste!
Post a Comment